What is a Blog ? ~ Make Money Fast - The Million Dollar Experiment Down Under

Thursday, April 26, 2007

What is a Blog ?

We all can easily find out the dictionary meaning of a Blog by heading to a site like Wikipedia and typing in "What is a Blog" but does that really describe it. I think if you asked 10 different people they would all probably answer it differently.

Source: wikipedia

A blog (short for web log) is a user-generated website where entries are made in journal style and displayed in a reverse chronological order.

That's how they describe a Blog and I guess in its simplest form its correct however here is what a Blog is to me.

1. Something to do when I am bored
I don't know how people survived before the Internet, and I am not sure how I used to spend my time before I started Blogging.

2. A way to communicate
I've got a lot of stuff to say, I have recently discovered, what better way than to launch it into cyberspace and tell the world.

3. Another method of making some money
Its starting to become possible to make a few bucks and sometimes more out of a Blog. This month this Blog alone will have earned me around $200 dollars and that's pretty good money for doing something that you enjoy. Most hobbies you have to pay for - this one pays me!

4. An experimental Platform
I use this blog as an experimental platform and have picked up many valuable skills that I can use on my other Websites. There is nothing like having a blog and trying to increase its popularity for giving you a good grounding in SEO and Internet Marketing Skills.

5. A place to Advertise
I shamelessly use this Blog to Advertise my other websites - sorry!

6. A place to store all your digital photos
Obviously not this site, however I do have a blog where I just post photos of the kids, its an online photo album that I can share with everyone or anyone.

7. Somewhere I can improve my writing skills
I am really starting to enjoy writing articles and something must be working because when I do a spell check these days there is rarely a mistake - my writing and spelling must be improving all the time.

Well that's all for now - what is a Blog to you? It would be great to hear your perspective.

Subscribe by Email to the Million Dollar Experiment Down Under


1. Mike's Money Making Mission
2. Kumiko's Cash Quest
3. How to earn money online?
4. Stratz's Blog
5. Hot Blog Girls

Job Search Australia
Job Search New Zealand

0 comments: