Ban Shoemoney - Ban us all ~ Make Money Fast - The Million Dollar Experiment Down Under

Friday, February 23, 2007

Ban Shoemoney - Ban us all

Have you heard the latest that Shoemoney has been banned from MyBlogLog for exposing some of the lame security that they had going?

Apparently according to comments on this article they banned him for posting user data online. Well I think that instead of banning one of the true Gurus of Blogging in the World today they should have probably taken the facts that data was so easy to get onboard and sorted out the many issues that they needed to work through.

I think its a bit like starting a Church and then banning the Pope because he managed to sneak in the side door!

Anyway in support of Shoemoney who I respect alot more than MyBlogLog, I have removed MyBlogLog code from this site, will no longer visit it and suggest you to do the same. Please let me know via a comment whether you think this is a good idea or if MyBlogLog are doing the right thing by banning the best blogger they had.

I look forward to hearing what you your thoughts are..

UPDATE 03/03/2007: You may have heard that Shoemoneys ban got lifted, and everyone is playing happy families again. I have replaced the widget on my site because damn, I couldn't see who had come a visiting any more!

Visit Curry Focus for Free Delicious Recipes

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Rob, would you consider exchanging links with me. I run a new blog but my traffic is growing. Check it out:

http://www.blogaboutmoneyonline.blogspot.com

and contact me at

alexbamo@net.hr

Thanks for your time!

Anonymous said...

Alex, cool site, you are now linked to.

Anonymous said...

I've never bothered with MyBlogLog myself but now I feel compelled to visit and see what all the controversy is about! Kind of reverse psychology, I guess.

Anonymous said...

Hi Tom: yes its become involved in a fair bit of controversy in recent times. Apparently they track the clicks on your google ads to, who this info gets shown to is anyones guess. I am not to keen on this kind of data being collected from my site.

Matthew said...

i wouldnt stop going to a site that brings me traffic because they banned someone who hacked their system and that i dont know. Am i wrong because thats what it sounded like.

Same thing with digg then... should we have not used it when they banned TLA, john chow and others?

Anonymous said...

I think that Shoemoneys mybloglog actually got hacked, which then got him interested in how simple it was to hack.

I think not knowing exactly what data they collect and what they do with it is a concern for me - however if they are sending you a decent amount of traffic that may not be enough to dissuade you.

Anyway looks like they have now apologised to Shoemoney and accepted that they screwed up.