Page Rank Leak - How to avoid it but still link to other sites ~ Make Money Fast - The Million Dollar Experiment Down Under

Saturday, June 02, 2007

Page Rank Leak - How to avoid it but still link to other sites

A few questions have been bandied about lately as to why I have removed the 40 or so sites that I used to link out to from my main page and placed them onto another page. Well the reason is that if you are trying to achieve the maximum page rank you are best linking out to other sites from your lowest ranked page, my homepage has a great rank but linking out to 40 or 50 other sites is possibly/probably holding it back from achieving its maximum page rank.

Here is a great article to read - pagerank explained.

I want to reward the sites that really send me serious traffic however and you will see them updated on a monthly basis under my top 5 referrers on the right sidebar. The other sites also send me a decent amount of traffic and I will continue to link to them, however not from the main page. This is now going to be reserved for paying customers (e.g text link ads), and top referrers to this site.

So there is nothing wrong with linking to other sites from your front page, just keep it to a minimum if you can. I had what I believe to be to many, it becomes cluttered as well after 8 months of link swapping.

If you have an opinion on this lets discuss it some more, do you think it is a good or a bad thing to move the majority of the other sites that you link to over to another page? Or is it best to keep them all on the home page?

Subscribe by Email to the Million Dollar Experiment Down Under

4 comments:

Deleted said...

I think it's a good idea. I've seen other blogs to the same and I was thinking of doing it myself sometime soon. Plus your blog page looks so much better! Keep up the great work. :)
Laura

Anonymous said...

Thanks Laura! I have tidied up some parts like my adsense as well, trying to make the site not look as advertising heavy as before. Lets hope the income doesnt suffer to much!

Clip said...

I've been thinking about doing this for awhile on my other blog "My Paranormal Life", but haven't because I really don't know how my link buddies would react.

I have so much in the sidebars and I think if I reduced the number of links I could move my link list to a higher priority spot in my sidebar, especially to those who send me traffic.

Anonymous said...

They shouldn't mind to much, you are still linking to them, worst case they will copy you and do something similar.