The Quest for Number One Spot ~ Make Money Fast - The Million Dollar Experiment Down Under

Sunday, September 16, 2007

The Quest for Number One Spot

I have been pretty busy over the last couple of days, and had limited time on the computer. Also I have been having some weird headaches and pains all over my body lately probably from to much time on the computer. I think my body is telling me it is time to slow down a bit, its been a mad few months and most days I have spent up to 14 hours a day in front of a PC.

I am going to start limiting myself, otherwise I think it is to much, hopefully this won't have to great an effect on my experiment, and I can continue to build on the work already done.

I am interested to know though for those of you that spend big hours a day in front of the PC, how do you manage it and do you have any problems with aches and pains etc?

Anyway back to the subject of this post...finally one of the terms that I was trying to rank for has come in to sit at spot number 1 on Google. Certainly gives me a feeling of accomplishment, however the rush of traffic that I was expecting doesn't quite appear to be happening just yet. This proves to me that all though I am learning loads about how the search engines work and what it takes to rank well on them, I am only scratching the surface.


I still see SEO as the key to a lot of what I am trying to achieve. Unlocking the secrets of Google will help me fulfill my quest and I need to keep experimenting, learning from my mistakes and tuning my formula.

In other news I have been having problems with one of the hosting companies I use in NZ. I have had the same problem bring down one of my sites 5 times now, and although they fix it up pretty quick each time, they refuse to admit there must be an underlying issue causing it to reoccur.

Anyway it has now happened one time to many, so I am moving as many sites as I can away from them. This of course takes a bit of time as well.

Enjoy the weekend.

Subscribe by Email to the Million Dollar Experiment Down Under

Your link here $5 for 4 links (1 link X 4 posts)

am i pregnant
jobsearch nz
jobsearch canada

3 comments:

Clip said...

I'm at a computer for long hours also, I just make sure to move around a lot. One thing I'm worried about most is that looking at a monitor for long hours may have an effect on my eyesight, kind of paranoid about that, maybe I just looked at the sun to much as a kid.

What's the hosting company your having problems with? I'm looking into hosting services for someone and want to find them a good one.

Anonymous said...

hey clip if you send me an email at robstgeorge at gmail dot com i will fill you in.

As for a good host hostgator has been good for me so far.

Anonymous said...

The Swiss_Mouse spends longs hours in front of the monitor at work (mostly saying "What the HELL was the person who wrote this program thinking?!?").
When he comes home, he spends less time there but Mrs. Swiss_Mouse always as "how can you do that when you come home?"
Easy, it's not work!
But Carpal-tunnel(spelling?) has raised it's head. And the Swiss_mouse's eyesight is very bad.
The Swiss_Mouse is a fraid these are the modern equivalent of working in the Salt Mines.
But there is a much smaller chance of dying. Well...maybe.