Make Money Fast With Free Stumbles ~ Make Money Fast - The Million Dollar Experiment Down Under

Saturday, December 01, 2007

Make Money Fast With Free Stumbles

One great method that I have found for getting a new website launched and ticking over with traffic is by getting it stumbled as many times as you can in a short time frame. (For those of you that don't know what a stumble is, basically it is a thumbs up vote for a website from anyone that has the stumbleupon toolbar installed.

Where to get free stumbles
There are probably many places that you can do this, however one of the most popular and the method that I use is the DP forums freebie section. In this section you just post a thread giving your sites and offer to stumble those sites that stumble yours.

What effect do free stumbles have on traffic?
Well they can have a positively viral traffic effect, depending on the site of course, it does need to be an interesting or useful one!. In the image below you can see how the traffic jumped from next to nothing to over 100 uniques a day on my proxy site unblockshop.com. On the 26th of November I posted this post in the freebie section of the DP forums and it has been smoking along eversince...



The Skinny (Conclusion)
As far as this method of traffic generation is concerned it can at times be short lived, however it is free, it is great for helping to launch a site and sometimes it can even create ongoing traffic, or result in links from other sites that come across your site and think it is worth linking to.

For this particular example less than one hour of my time has taken a site from nothing to a few hundred real visitors in the last few days.. and that is worth doing.

Subscribe with feed reader Make Money Fast feed
Subscribe by Email to the Make Money Fast Email Updates

learn to blog

4 comments:

Forest Parks said...

Thanks...

I thumbed up every url on that thread, including yours.

I hope some people return the favour and bring me some free traffic.

Anonymous said...

thanks forest... I gave your site a stumble.

BTW anyone that wants a stumble just do my proxies.. and post your url(s) and stumble username here and I will return the favour..

Proxy 1
Proxy 2

Malin said...

I'm a member of several SU groups, if you want in just let me know :) Great blog btw! :)

Anonymous said...

sounds good, I would be keen on joining some su groups, can you flick me an email? robstgeorge at gmail dot com

thanks!